Do you know that approximately 100 million devices have been sold with Alexa built features up till now? Alexa, like Siri and Google Assistant, has been becoming famous day by day. Feeling tired or noxious? Don’t worry, Alexa is here to save your day. And will help you on How to Connect Alexa to WiFi.
When you connect Alexa to WiFi, you will do all your work on your device as you would do. You simply have to instruct Alexa properly what you want her to do in your device and it is possible when you know How to Connect Alexa to WiFi. When you connect Alexa to WiFi, for instance, you want to open the 6th image in your gallery.
Then you would simply open the Alexa app and say, “Hi Alexa, open 6th image in my gallery.” Without any delay, Alexa will follow your commands. Alexa app compromises a user-friendly interface which has made our life a lot easier.
If your household devices are already connected to Alexa, then you control them without the need of actually roaming around just through Alexa.
Thinking of switching to Alexa? For starting on with Amazon Alexa, you have to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi. Let us hop right into “How to Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi”.
Here are the steps on “HOW TO CONNECT ALEXA To WIFI?”
There are two types of devices in the market these days. Some devices have built-in Alexa app, and some devices have to set up Alexa. If you have a device that doesn’t have built-in Alexa, then you should follow the below-given steps to Connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
- Rush to the google play store or IOS store in your device and download the Alexa app.
- After downloading, simply enter your email and password of Amazon.
- If you haven’t made the Amazon account, then make it asap and sign in
- You will see a started button on your mobile screen.
- Turn on your Alexa device by connecting it to the power socket. Alexa will show a blue light, then orange light and then blue light. This all indicates then Alexa is ready.
- Getting back to the setup, the Alexa app will ask you to access your contacts. Give access permission.
- Chose a name for yourself and then enter it in the name option.
- On the left corner of your app, you will see a menu button option denoted by horizontal lines. Once you click it, you will see many options. When you start scrolling down, you will see a settings option.
- Click the setting options and select the option of a new device.
- Enter the specification and your Alexa device name.
- When the Alexa device turns orange, press the continue button on your screen.
Confused or need expert guidance on How to Connect Alexa to WiFi? Then just dial Alexa Customer Service Number at US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-264-9747, our Alexa App Helpline experts will provide reliable support to fix issues easily.
- Now Alexa app will ask you if you want to continue with the wireless setting of your device, select that option. The app will direct you to the list of Wi-Fi available within the app in your surroundings. Select suitable Wi-Fi.
- Enter the password of your Wi-Fi. Once the device is connected. A pop-up will appear on your screen then your device is successfully connected.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR ALEXA APP TO A NOVEL WIFI NETWORK?
After doing “how to connect Alexa to WiFi” but now you wished it connect to new Wi-Fi because you have switched to new broadband. In doing so, you have to follow some simple steps.
- Open the app and then select the menu button on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Drop down the whole menu button options, and you will see settings option
- Click on setting option and then click on the device option.
- You will see there is an update Wi-Fi option. Click on this button.
- Now, connect to the Wi-Fi option will appear on your screen. Select that option
- Put your Alexa device in a setup mood. Once the light turns orange, press the button to continue.
- A long list of Wi-Fi will appear on your app. Select the option you wish to connect.
- Now your Alexa app is connected to a new Wi-Fi network.
WHAT TO DO IF ALEXA WON’T CONNECT TO WIFI?
Alexa is indeed a very handy device. However, sometimes, you might be troubled while connecting Alexa to Wi-Fi. Don’t worry, we have a comprehensive answer to all your Alexa’s problem.
Follow these easy steps, and your problem will be resolved easily.
Restart your Alexa device
You might be wondering what if you turn off your Alexa device and then turn it on, you have to do the app settings again. But honestly, this isn’t the case.
The easy physical reboot that is done by turning off and then switching on the device does the task. Later try connecting your device again with Wi-Fi.
Bring your Alexa device close your wireless router
In most of the cases, Alexa device couldn’t catch your Wi-Fi signals properly, and that is why sometimes it won’t show your device name or might not connect to your Wi-Fi.
To resolve this, try plugging your Alexa device close to your internet router. This step will make sure that signals of Wi-Fi are never interrupted.
Restart your Wi-Fi router
You might blame Alexa for not connecting to your Wi-Fi, but in reality, your router can be a real problem. Restart your router or the modem and then connect Alexa to Wi-Fi.
If the problem still continues, call your internet service provider and confirm that there is no connectivity issue from their end.
By rebooting your router, the connection problem can be solved easily
If you have tried out all the above-mentioned steps and you still can’t connect Alexa to Wi-Fi then call Echo Device Helpline Number @US/Canada Toll-Free: +1 877-264-9747 Or start a chat with one of our expert techie available 24/7.