Alexa not responding to voice commands? Alexa is an intelligence artificial Amazon device.
Amazon Alexa is designed to aid you with different tasks such as controlling lights, playing music and much more exciting at your voice command.
However, the device may face some annoying problems that may trouble you like Alexa Not Responding, Alexa Slow to Respond, and more.
In case Alexa not responding to voice commands, don’t get bothered and panic! You can follow the given troubleshooting steps.
Alexa Not Responding To Voice Commands
Take certain important precautions, so that you’re Alexa, Amazon echo device can listen to your voice command and respond appropriately.
Here Are The Few Steps Why Alexa Not Responding:
Step #1: The echo device comes with the adapter, so first of all utilize the power adapter that comes with your Alexa device.
- As the device may not respond to other adapters as they don’t have enough power to work and turn on in a correct manner.
Step #2: Now press the button ‘action’, placed on the top of the Echo device, then check whether your device is responding to your voice commands or not.
Step #3: There is an excellent chance that the echo device’s speakers are the real cause behind the Alexa not working or responding to your voice commands.
- To avoid this issue, you need to keep away your Amazon Echo device from the speakers at approximately 3 feet away.
- If speakers are placed close to your Alexa device, it becomes difficult for the device to hear your voice; therefore it fails to give a response.
Annoy with the Alexa Not Responding Error? Need to Resolve Now! Then call Alexa Customer Service Number at US/Canada Toll-Free Number and get now.
Step #4: To avoid the issue, make sure that your Alexa device is approximately 20 meters far away from the walls.
- This is because the dust from walls can fall on your device which can damage the device’s speakers.
- Apart from this, it can also destroy the voice path resulting in a barrier of voice command.
Step #5: Make sure not to use loud noise while speaking in order to solve the problem of Alexa not working to your voice commands.
Step #6: When you are giving commands to your Alexa device, your voice matters! Make sure that your voice command should be clear and natural.
Step #7: Lastly, keep your Alexa echo device far away from the microwave, TV, radio and other vocal outputs to solve Alexa not responding to voice commands issues.
- The majority of the users have resolved their issues after implementing the above-mentioned tips.
- However, in case if you used all the above-mentioned tips and tricks and you still face issues then try rebooting your Alexa echo device.
Still Facing Alexa Not Responding to Voice Commands
In case your Alexa echo device is still not working then follow the given solutions to resolve your issues permanently.
Check the button of the Microphone carefully.
If your Alexa device is working superbly but it is not responding to your voice commands, then check the microphone button that whether it is turned off or on.
The buttons are placed on your Echo device at the top and have a symbol ‘Mic’. You need to press the button and then ask your Alexa device about today’s weather update.
If doing so does not resolve your issue, then try by pressing the exact same button again and use other solutions to resolve your issue.
Restart your Amazon Echo device.
Along with pressing the microphone button twice, press the down and up volume button. If you tried both of these, then proceed with some of the basic solutions:
- Firstly, confirm that your Echo device is responding to your voice commands or not. For this, you need to see if the blue light color is on or off.
- If the light is on, then this means that your device can hear your voice but is unable to give any response.
- Then, you need to remove the wire’s other end from your Alexa echo device for approximately 30 seconds.
- You also need to remove the connections of the Alexa device from the power source.
- After 30 seconds, reconnect your echo device with the wire.
- At this point, don’t worry about the wireless setting or others as it will connect after some time.
- As soon as your echo device gets booted, you will be able to use it again.
- Now, to check whether your Alexa is responding or not, ask Alexa about today’s weather or time.
This is the simplest and easiest way to resolve the Alexa Not Responding error.
If this other error occurs then don’t waste time and call Alexa App Helpline experts available 24/7.
Reset Alexa Echo device
In case your Alexa device is not benefited from the above solution, go to hard reset echo device solution. It involves the following steps:
- Look at the hole of reset present at the bottom of your Alexa echo device carefully. Press the reset button with the help of a paperclip for a few seconds.
- Once you press the button, the blue light will turn on and later change to orange color.
- Now, wait for the echo device to restart after turning off. By doing this, your echo device will reset to the original settings.
- Now you need to setup the Amazon Echo device by using the Alexa application on your Android or Smartphone.
Enable or Disable Alexa’s privacy
After setting up the device and it fails to respond to your voice then try enabling your Alexa device’s privacy.
- At the end of the Nucleus screen lies the button of Alexa, Click the button.
- This will enable the Alexa. By clicking the button again, Alexa will start listening.
- You can check the response by giving a voice command to the Alexa device.
In case if you still face problems regarding Alexa not responding to your voice command then dial Alexa Helpline Number at US/Canada Toll-Free Number.